Sơn Tùng MTP ('Suhn Doong' or 'Suhng Doong' MTP) is recognisably one of the most popular male artists in Vietnam today and one of the most renowned Vietnamese singers elsewhere in the world. He rose to fame with the hit single Em Của Ngày Hôm Qua (The 'You' of Yesterday). Known for his fashion sense and myriad facial expressions, he is the only Vpop artist to feature multiple MVs with over 100 million views on YouTube.
He has, however, also been at the centre of numerous controversies many of which claim that he plagiarised other artists such as Charlie Puth's We Don't Talk Anymore (in the song Chúng Ta Không Thuộc Về Nhau) which explains the high dislikes ratio on the MV. Nonetheless these are merely claims that are unfounded. His appearance has also been subject to claims of copying Korean artist G-Dragon.
He recently released an album called M-TP and was invited to attend the Seoul Fashion Week in Korea along with a number of other Vietnamese guests like female singer Tóc Tiên. His song Lạc Trôi was featured on Australia's SBS Pop Asia program (both televised and on radio). He has won numerous awards including one for his role in the Vietnamese film Chàng trai năm ấy (meaning: The guy of yesteryear, English title: Dandelion). In 2015 he won the Best Southeast Asian MTV EMA award. In June 2017 he represented Vietnam at the Viral Fest Asia in Thailand.
- Em Của Ngày Hôm Qua (Pronounced: Em Goo-uh Uhng-ay Hom Gwah/Em Goo-uh Uhng-ay Hom Wah, meaning: The 'You' of Yesterday/The Girl of Yesterday): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iMx3tlpFeY
- Chúng Ta Không Thuộc Về Nhau (Pronounced: Joong Dah Kong Twook Vey Nyaow, meaning: We Don't Belong Together): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGRU3sRbaYw
- Lạc Trôi (Pronounced: Lack Joy, meaning: Lost/Drifted Away): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llw9Q6akRo4
- Bình Yên Những Phút Giây (Pronounced: Bing Ee-en Nyuhng Foot Zay/Bin Ee-eng Nyuhng Fook Yay, meaning: Peace in All Moments): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g5iIG2VvnQ
- Nơi Này Có Anh (Pronounced: Nuh-ee Nay Go' Ang/Nuh-ee Nay Go' Un, meaning: This Place Has Me/I'm Here): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN7ALfpGxiI
- Âm Thầm Bên Em (Pronounced: Uhm Tuhm Ben Em, meaning: Silently Beside You/Silently Next to You): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30KI5SuECuc
- Chắc Ai Đó Sẽ Về (Pronounced: Juck Eye Do' Seh Vey, meaning: Maybe That Someone Will Come Home): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-fI_h_pXw8
- Buông Đôi Tay Nhau Ra (Pronounced: Boo-ong Doy Die Nyaow Za/Ra, meaning: Let Go of Each Other's Hands): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCyo565N_5w